Wednesday, September 24, 2008

HBO's JOHN ADAMS

The HBO miniseries John Adams, starring Paul Giamatti, just won a number of Emmys and has certainly caught my attention. I added it to our Netflix list, even though I noticed its “TV 14” rating (“This program contains some material that many parents would find unsuitable for children under 14 years of age.”). After scanning a few pages of reviews (yes, mostly positively glowing), I’ve yet to see anything by a viewer explaining this rating. I had to stop reading after four or five pages, as my brain lost the power to process the actual words, since they were so redundant (“brilliant,” “superb,” “incredible”).

Have you seen John Adams? If so, can you articulate what might make it unsuitable for kids under 14 (or so)?

I appreciate the help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here for KidsFlix!