Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits

So, son K never insisted on seeing Coraline. My theory? I think he’s a little spooked by it! I’m hearing more stories about kids who are/were spooked by the movie, and either skipped it or are now trying not to dream about it.

I guess I’ll have to see it on my own -- in my living room since it’s no longer on a screen near me. Phht.

If you’re a fan of musician Stephin Merritt/Magnetic Fields, you may already know that he has written music and lyrics for a stage production of Coraline that’s opening in NYC on May 7. Arrgh! Can I get back to NYC then? I doubt it.

For those of you lucky enough to go, you should know that for a limited time (through April 12; they just went on sale yesterday), discounted tickets will be available for $39 at the MCC Theater website. You can get more info here at Merritt’s site: www.houseoftomorrow.com

His Gothic Archies project did music a few years ago for the Lemony Snickets books, entitled “The Tragic Treasury: Music for a Series of Unfortunate Events.” They are dark, and cool, and lots of fun for parents. Oh dear, now I’m humming the melody to “The World is a Very Scary Place” .... hmmmmm....mmmmmmmm....mmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here for KidsFlix!