Monday, May 11, 2009

Tuesday Tidbits

I wrote a while ago about the film version of The Lightening Thief, a much beloved kids' book, slowly coming together. New cast members have been announced, and it's pretty amazing: Uma Thurman, Steve Coogan, Rosario Dawson, Catherine Keener and Pierce Brosnan are among the names. To get caught up on the director and starring role, see my original post .

I also wrote a while back about the upcoming Disney movie, The Princess and the Frog, and about how it's a return to the hand-drawn animation of yore and about how Disney - so it's rumored - will be producing one of these gems every two years or so. (Another significant factoid: Princess features Disney's first African-American princess!)

There's finally a longer, official trailer out, and I thought you might enjoy it:




Alright, alright, calm down. I know last week I posted Tuesday Tidbits on Thursday, and that in many parts of the world it will continue to be Monday as I post this (but my time zone is nearing Tuesday), but ... whatever. It's close enough in my time zone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here for KidsFlix!